Morgan Teeple Hopkins is the first recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
We are proud to announce that Morgan Teeple Hopkin is the first recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship in Women’s Equality, Labour and Human Rights Law.
Morgan has worked as an organizer for the Public Service Alliance of Canada, as a steward for CUPE, and recently wrote a paper analyzing the Public Sector Equitable Compensation Act from different feminist theoretical perspectives. Her volunteer involvement is impressive and includes time in a free legal clinic specializing in immigration and refugee law (conducting country of origin research on gendered violence for female refugee claimants' applications) and co-founding the Feminist Legal Collective, a campus group aiming to build a feminist community at the UofO.
"As a feminist law student committed to practicing union-side labour law, I am inspired by the feminist politics that motivated Alison's legacy." – Morgan Teeple Hopkins
Announcements and Events
- Standing in Supreme Court Climate Case sought by Friends of the Earth and NAWL
- When it comes to gender equality, Canada has unfinished business: Study
- PRESS RELEASE: After waiting decades, women’s rights organizations celebrate changes to the Divorce Act
- Summer Research Support Officer Job Posting
- Remembering Feminist Activist Kate McInturff
- Announcements Archive →