The Alison Dewar Scholarship in Women’s Equality, Labour and Human Rights Law
On October 20, 2014, the NAWL Charitable Trust for Research and Education and RCBY LLP launched the Alison Dewar Scholarship in Women’s Equality, Labour and Human Rights Law at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law. A community of students, along with Alison’s friends and colleagues gathered to celebrate Alison’s strong commitment to social justice and feminist lawyering.
The annual scholarship provides financial support for a female student in Common Law who is interested in pursuing a career in some combination of women’s equality and union-side labour, workers’ rights, or human rights law.
Students wishing to apply for the scholarship can find more information here.
Individuals wishing to donate to the scholarship fund can do so here.
Announcements and Events
- Standing in Supreme Court Climate Case sought by Friends of the Earth and NAWL
- When it comes to gender equality, Canada has unfinished business: Study
- PRESS RELEASE: After waiting decades, women’s rights organizations celebrate changes to the Divorce Act
- Summer Research Support Officer Job Posting
- Remembering Feminist Activist Kate McInturff
- Announcements Archive →